Rat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently adopted 2 rattie boys, and am adding a third in 4 weeks. But my problem....

I have NEVER had this much trouble naming animals, it usually just comes to me...but not with these guys. i will have had them for 2 weeks tomarrow... and call them "boys" or "sweet guys" no names... :/

So from you i need NAMES! Two, preferably three :)
Here are descriptions of the two i have..

Hooded Boy
PICTURE
He is VERY friendly, and outgoing. Loves to lick on my hands and crawl all over me. Enjoys sleeping on my neck while I watch tv. Loves Peas,Corn and strawberry yoggies. Just an all around sweet little-big boy.

Capped Boy
PICTURE
This is my "shy" rat. He is slowly comming around, but likes to keep to himself unless there are strawberry yoggies are involved. He is jumpy, and a little psycotic at times (LOL)Does not like to crawl on me(did a bit last night, which i consider a big step) and wants nothing to do with me picking him up. I think he will come around eventually. But he does not bite, nor has he attempted to.

And the third is a Blue Dumbo boy, will be 4.5 weeks when he comes home, the breeders babies are very friendly, according to people I have talked to that have adopted from her. Dont know what he looks like, as they were born last Sunday night.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Ebenezer and Squidge.

I dunno, just throwin' it out there. :lol:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously? That's really strange! :lol:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Name one Nerf!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Give it up, Nirph! :p

That made me think of narf... you should name them Pinky and The Brain! Pinky could be the first guy, and The Brain would be awesome for the capped guy ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nerph is cute....

If i name them pinky and the brain, the third would be left out.. :/

·
Registered
191 Posts
I recommend not naming them cute matching names together. I had some fish once that I named "Edgar," "Allen," and "Poe." But then when Eddy died it was hard explaining Allen and Poe. So, if you name them something like "Pinky" and "The brain," then if Pinky dies a few years down the road, you have "the brain" left and it doesn't make much sense. And you always have to explain, "there used to be a pinky, but he died."

I named mine off of anime characters I thought had cool names. One is Sesshomaru (or Seshi for short) and one is Ichigo (or Ichi for short). You could use favorite movie characters, etc.

Wilbur
Beeker
Yoshi

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
***adds to list***
Those were great! and you have a good point about the name thing.

I had brother/sister rats so they were Mac and Cheese...but those were easier because they can go seperate or together.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Soot (for the capped boy)
and Cin (like Cinnamon) for the hooded boy
i'm bad with names too :)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I think The Brain can stand on its own. I actually think that's a really awesome name. If I didn't have two sets of names I'm planning on naming the two boys I'll get soon, I might go with Pinky and The Brain myself ^_^ (But my boys will either be Goomba and Koopa, or Ridley and Kraid... I'm such a gamer geek :lol: )

Edit: Actually, I really don't like Pinky at all. Maybe if I end up with 3 boys I'll name the third guy The Brain anyway :D

·
Registered
527 Posts
i think "Butters" would be cute for the capped boy as he is sort of the color of butter, and the hooded looks like a "Wonka" (as in Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) to me. ;)

Oh, and as for the third boy..how about "Twist"? I dunno, it just came to me. xD

good luck with deciding on their names!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Open a book/ newspaper and point your finger... or use the first name that comes to mind... I have clavo, nanette,mindy, chase, roman, digger,and dozer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts