Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Again ^~^
As I said in my first post, I am getting a baby Blue dumbo male rattie soon... I just can't think of a name for him lol I've had millions of pets before so it feels like ive used all the names up haha. (This is him)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Try to think of your favorite movies, tv shows, books always lots of inspiration there.

Or just google pet names and u will get tons of lists

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with the two above. I generally name all my animals after some franchise I am passionate about. Hence why my rats are named Ron & Harry :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Winter, Quibli, Charm, Creme-Puff, Amulet, Champion, Ice Cube :), Onyx, Raindrop, Shadow, Smokey, Flash, Thunder, Storm, Cloud, Roscoe, Arthur, Blueberry, Winterblue, Mr. Whiskers, Ewok, Jupiter

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would definitely go with something from a tv or book series or something, then you'll have a personal attachment to them and they'll be creative!

·
Registered
6 Posts
oh my goodness, that rat is SO CUTE :) I agree with what others have said above- think of your favorite bands, songs, tv show characters, etc. For me, I go with what comes to mind first. For my dwarf rat it was Tarzan cause she was climbing on everything like a pro- and when she came home she was a total escape artist- and then my other baby Cleo had interesting marks on her back that for some reason reminded me of Cleopatra. And she's ended up being such a diva queen, so it worked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with the comment above. You should name him after his characteristics or behavior that he shows when you first get him (example: if hes really hyper, think of a hyper character off of a tv show or book or something.)
If all else fails, just name him Patrick. It suits him <3

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got my first rat by chance. I was trying to think of the name of that rat from Charlott's Web and the name Wilber came out. and it stuck. His full name is Mr. Wilbert Rattington

·
Registered
22 Posts
My ratties' names have been what their personalities or colourings are.. Bizzie was because she looked more like a biscuit, but I didn't want to call her Biscuit.. Chewy was more a nickname..
Maple was because her colouring reminded me of maple syrup.. Marlie was because her coat was almost like a marbled look, so there the name Marlie came to be :)
Bacardi is my rattie, I was actually stuck for names so I asked a friend from work for a name, she suggested tequila, but not being much of a tequila fan, I settled on Bacardi.. And rather than have the other named Coke, I chose Pepper, as in Dr Pepper :)
Ultimately, as mentioned above, I would choose names based on book or movie characters.. Or foods.. Pepsi was almost chosen (but that was the name of my partners cat from years ago..)

·
Registered
4 Posts
He is soooo adorable! I personally love dumbos! If I get one in that color would name it Dumbo just cuz of obvious reasons but its so cute and I bet you wil find the best name for him!

·
Registered
42 Posts
My sister names all my rats. We live together and that was her condition for letting me get rats. I've had Eris (goddess of strife and discord), Babsidi (meaning 'lethal'), Boji (a very destructive pet in the Foreigner book series), Mab (psycho Fairy Queen from Dresdin files), and Nemesis. You may have noticed a certain theme....

I find it funny that such cute little creatures get those names :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi, I followed you on Instagram, I'm juli_b_13. He's cute!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts