Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got creative recently and made some hides for my mouse and rats. ive made them before but a verrrry long time ago. i make them out of normal or colored popsicles that i buy from the Buck or Two (where EVERYTHING is only a buck). and i use non-toxic glue so no one gets hurt =] but they never nibble on it anyways. wonder why?

heres what i have so far:

this is my favorite one so far. i bought a building kit for a bird feeder from home depot for $5, and instead made this. just added the sticks to make it interesting.

this is an older one i made, and my mouse loves it. he'll take a treat and run right in there and sit there and nibbl eon it. its his eating spot lol.

this is another one i made recently. just a wooden tube/tunnel. as soon as i put this one in, he's started sleeping in it instead of his plastic playground thing that he loves so much.

and this is one im working on right now. im making it with jumbo sticks so my rats can fit inside. and i decorated the top with other stick things so it lookes better.

so what do you think of my little creations?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Very cute :D. Do you know what kind of wood the sticks are made of? It would be a real shame to find out their made of pine after all your work making them!

·
Registered
259 Posts
i love the colors and they look really cool. you have quite the crafty hands. =]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
oh man i remember making all kinds of crap with those wood sticks, ha ha. reach - i don't remember what they are made of, but i remember that they never really smelled like pine, so i don't think they give off any powerful phenols. i don't know if that makes it any better in case they really are made of pine, but i'm just saying. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts