Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
So Recently one of my rats sadly passed away due to a stroke, and now my other rat Pipkin is all alone and I hate it, I feel so bad that he's alone and really want to get him a few new buddies, only problem is he has a URI. Its not too bad and he's getting baytril but I don't really want to get more rats if they might catch it, yet my baby is so lonely he doesn't even want to come out for play time.. I would love any of your opinions on what I should do, Thanks :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
You could get the new rats and hold them in quarantine until you know that nobody is sick anymore then intro them so that there would be as short a time a possible when he is alone. How long until his antibiotics are finished?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good idea, but I don't really have a different room to put them in :/
He only has about 3-4 days left yet I think he might need another coarse as his breathing is still sounding a bit funny. :(

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I'd definitely wait until she was 100% all better to get any more rats. But you can start looking now!

I'd let him out and snuggle with you on a blanket while you watch tv or read or whatever. So he is getting to spend time with you but isn't doing anything too playful, just relaxing. So he doesnt feel as lonely

1 - 4 of 4 Posts