Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My three boys all have ring worm and now have to all be separated and two of them are living in very small carriers which I feel awful about. I'm wondering if I do have to keep them separated because it's only day two of being separated and their behavior already seems to be changing for the worse. If anyone could weigh in that would be greatly appreciated I'm really stressing out thinking that they are becoming lonely.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You need to treat all of your rats (I don't think separating them is going to do anything if they all have it/are all being treated), any other pets in the house, and you need to disinfect anything they might have touched in and out of their cage. Their entire cage should be deep cleaned. Fungus is terrible and you should make sure it's been eradicated from every surface while treating your animals. And WASH YOUR HANDS after every interaction you have with your rats until the ringworm is gone. You can get ringworm from them.

Here's an article about what to do to deal with ringworm (there's a section for pets):

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have other rats they are being separated from? If it's just these three, and they all have ringworm, they don't have to be separated.
No all of my rats have it. I also thought since they all have it they wouldn't have to be separated, but that's what the vet told my mom and now she is forcing me to keep them apart which I feel awful about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to treat all of your rats (I don't think separating them is going to do anything if they all have it/are all being treated), any other pets in the house, and you need to disinfect anything they might have touched in and out of their cage. Their entire cage should be deep cleaned. Fungus is terrible and you should make sure it's been eradicated from every surface while treating your animals. And WASH YOUR HANDS after every interaction you have with your rats until the ringworm is gone. You can get ringworm from them.

Here's an article about what to do to deal with ringworm (there's a section for pets):

I have done a deep clean and all of them are being treated which is why I think they don't need to be separated, but its what the vet told my mom and she is making me keep them apart.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Boo! That is upsetting. You can give them stuffed animals...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts