Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to this forum but I am in need of immediate advice. I have rescued two female rats several months ago now, I do not know their exact age. One of the females has always been a talker i.e random squeaks here and there. But lately she has been making a lot of noise. not a clicking sound but more grunting. Now she does not do this while sleeping and doesn't seem to be having breathing troubles. But she is making the noises more often over the past few days. I am worried she has a respiratory infection of some kind. Is this likely the case? or am I over reacting.

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Could you post a video of the sound. If it gets worse please take her to an exotics vet because they will give you medication if it is a URI or pneumonia.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Most likely she is iil and is having labored breathing. Best to take her to a vet before she gets worse.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I only read clicking sorry. If she is making a grunting sound the probably means that she is having trouble breathing. In that case a vet visit is in order. Good luck on trying to find a good one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts