Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my shower is fully remodeled, I have six of these plastic shelves just sitting around. Any fun suggestions for incorporating them into a DCN? I threw out the supporting rod. It wouldn't have fit in the cage anyway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Using wire you can buy at the dollar store, you can actually use them as corner perches in the rat cage by securing it to the cage at each of the 3 corners with a small twist of wire. That also makes them easy to remove and clean! just un twist the wire, clean, then put back or replace the wire! : ) Also rats can't chew the wire, and try to find a wire with out a plastic coating, as that they /can/ chew.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my first thought. They should be pretty good for that. I have a skein of yarn that I use to put things up (nothing vital as they could be chewed on). I was wondering about hanging them from the top of the cage to make little swinging bridges. I'm not sure if they'd like that, though. It took a while for them to use the dual basket I hung from the cage top. They seemed uncertain about it swinging.

But making corner perches is definitely on my list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts