Rat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have netflix.

I really like Orange is the new Black, Greys Anatomy, and Wentworth. I don't really watch many movies, but I really want more recommendations! I like adventure movies and action. Can't do horror, but I do like edge-of-your-seat kind of things. I recently watch Netflix's new movie 'Tallulah' and I really enjoyed that. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Stranger Things is picking up speed. Also Bates Hotel is supposed to be very cool and interesting (its the throwback to the movie Psycho)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I third Stranger Things!!

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
Got to agree with Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and True Blood.. Walking dead and Bates Motel are good but get a bit depressing when you chain watch them otherwise very well done. Z-Nation is a bit less depressing. If you are into Zombies, less good, but after 5 hours, you're more likely to still want to live.

For old series that are decent chain watches I'd add Highlander and perhaps Forever Knight.

For recent comedy.... I'd suggest Utopia (Austrailia) There aren't too many episodes but it's hysterical and Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, comedy with an adult (PG) theme... And perhaps Shameless (US)... Adult, raunchy but very well done.

And lastly in the comedy flavor, if you haven't seen them, find Married with Children....

I don't know if Netflix will have all of these, but they are out there for free somewhere online.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Along with what everyone else has mentioned...

If you like gothic classic type stories I really enjoyed Penny Dreadful, it has monsters, vampires, witches, werewolves in it but it's fun. I really liked the first two seasons... however the third season *sigh*

Then there's Firefly, it's older, but a good sci fi series. The only thing with this one is that it ends rather abruptly. (and many fans want it to return) It's still worth watching, but don't fall in love hahahaha. :D

Outlander, (another time travel show) it's kind of historical romance, I've started watching it recently. The costuming is very well done, but I'll admit it's not for everyone :D

Breaking Bad is amazing, it took me a long time to actually see it, but when I did boy was I glad. The writing and filming are perfect, and the cast of characters are very rememberable.

X Files is a fun series too.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is still very good, the first few seasons look a bit dated, but then it starts to look better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
House of Cards and Veep! two shows that take place in the highest levels of the United States government. Ones dramatic and a thriller and slightly dark (house of cards) and the other is a comedy and its freaking hilarious (Veep). Also Archer, but thats definitely not for everybody....

·
Registered
672 Posts
I love game of thrones, firefly is older but good. I also watch some Korean dramas but there aren't very many good ones on net flicks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I also agree with recommending Stranger Things, it's more creepy/conspiracy thriller type rather than horror. I really love watching House, even though it's been out for awhile. Also, you can never go wrong with The Office or Parks and Rec!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I only have netflix.I really like Orange is the new Black, Greys Anatomy, and Wentworth. I don't really watch many movies, but I really want more recommendations! I like adventure movies and action. Can't do horror, but I do like edge-of-your-seat kind of things. I recently watch Netflix's new movie 'Tallulah' and I really enjoyed that. Any suggestions?
Not sure if you have ever watched Prison Break. It's older but absolutely great. It's on Netflix so you can binge. Highly recommend!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've just finished watching the seasons 1 & 2 of the whispers and its was really good. Its about an FBI agent investigating children who speak to the same imaginary friend and directed by Steven Spielburg.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I saw A Ghost Story in theaters last week. Highly recommend!! Rooney Mara is my ultimate bae and thinspo so I love everything she's in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So this might seem like a lame show, but Castlevania on Netflix is actually really good. I was sceptical at first but I read the IMDB and it seemed really good, then I checked it out and it was.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts