Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a supply of Baytril and Doxy from our beloved Mocha who passed away yesterday. Today, we heard Wafer having some rough breathing so we gave her a dose of Baytril and Doxy. All her cagemates are sounding fine and we put Wafer back in with them.

Are we doing everything right? Should we seperate Wafer?

·
Registered
624 Posts
:x I honestly wouldn't separate them, as it could potentially make them more depressed.
I feel like you're doing everything just right. :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am rat phoning everyone like crazy. I just lost one yesterday of respiratory and now Wafer was sounding raspy. Its a nightmare. Luckily I only heard it when I held her up to my ear. You can't hear it any other time. She is laying in weird places in the cage though, with her head resting on things. I am terrified!

My normal vet is on leave until the 27th. Hopefully Wafer will improve before then, if not, she will be going to see the vet in a week. The dose I gave Wafer is the same dose prescribed to Mocha who was about the same size. The vet also cleared me to use it on Chai if she ever showed symptoms as well. SO... I don't think I am hurting Wafer at all. At least I hope not.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Bleh, that sounds horrible! :(

If your vet is gone, I feel like you're doing the right thing.

I hope she gets better very soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts