Rat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I joined this because about 6 months ago I adopted a 3 month old rat (Opie) that previously wasn't living in the best conditions. I got an enormous set up for him and have been spoiling him, he has become best friends with my kitten. He has definitely made an awesome addition to the family; hes a super sweet baby and i absolutely love him. This morning he was running around his cage, i gave him a few cheerios and went to work, everything seemed completely normal. When I got home from work I went over to his cage to clean his food bowl and fill it. He loves sleeping in his monkey hammock, but usually whenever I open the cage he comes running out to see what I'm doing. Today he didn't, so I looked in his hammock for him and he looked over at me but seemed to not care. He also seems to have some labored breathing and red mucus on his paws. My initial thought was a uri, but I do work with animals, and usually those are things that come on slowly and are notived before they progress as far as this has seemed to. So Im looking for advice, because unfortunately there are no small animal vets near me. Any and all would be welcomed and appreciated!!!! Please help me help my baby!!!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts