Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Orbit and I are on a little vacation right now visiting family, and I was so rushed that I forgot her food and extra bedding. I looked at Isamurat's guidelines for a homemade mix, so I'll be putting some of that together but I'm not sure what to do about cleaning the cage. I may not be able to get to the store to pick up bedding over the next couple of days due to a snowstorm.

Do you have any advice? It will only be for 5 days and then we will go home where there is plenty of Oxbow and bedding.

·
Registered
244 Posts
For bedding, you can also use T-shirts and any other type of soft cloth such as a flannel blanket. If you still have some of Orbit's regular food with you, I'd try to ration it out so it lasts the whole time you're there and then fill in the rest of his diet with what you're able to get for him. Ideally, it would be great if you can pickup some more Oxbow. However, if the snowstorm prohibits you from doing so, small portions of people food is probably okay. If your family has a dog, you could feed a couple pieces of kibble a day. Don't feed any cat food, though, as it's very high in fat.

I love travelling with rats. They make the trip so much more fun and interesting and it's a great time in which to deepen the bond.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts