Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just adopted a lone girl from my cousin, she didn't know much about rats but took them in because the original owners decided they didn't want them anymore and were just going to put them outside in town. Her cage mate passed away, and after getting her I noticed she has lice, she is currently being treated for lice.

My problem is I have an aggressive lone girl and a group of five who I am hoping to put with the recently adopted girl Clair. BUT her treatments are not done for a few weeks and need to let the others out. They are all in my room which makes it A LOT harder to let them out. I don't let Clair out in my room because she isn't used to me and don't want lice everywhere. I walk around with her in the house not in my room.

I'm trying to find ways to minimize the chances of the others getting lice They were all just treated for lice a little over a month ago. Any suggestions? I can't let them run around anywhere else in the house. I don't really have another spot for Clair either. Should I just find a spot for her cage outside of the room when the others are out? I know lice can travel on their own and live on fabrics for a little while with out blood supply, but would putting a blanket on her cage while they are out in case they climb on it lessen the chances? The only place I could put her cage would be my brothers room, he leaves his door open a lot and we have cats so I couldn't leave her there until treatments are done. Maybe for the couple hours I let the rats out thought? any suggestions or thoughts?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Could you let your lone girl out in a bathtub with you? Sadly, you may be bored, but it would probably work best since you can just run the water around afterwards to get rid of any lice, and there's no fabric in there.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could but my problem is letting the other five out while Clair the one with lice is in the room in her cage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts