Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that Scrumph usually jumps on Pookie and wrestles her down until she squeaks, but I didn't think much of it as I know rats wrestle lots and there's usually one more dominant.

But lately, at playtime, Pookie has been hiding out, and since she's a bit shy I figured she was scared of us humans. I've been making an extra effort to connect with her, and had her out by herself a few times. Well, it was such a change! Without Scrumph around, Pookie has been quite outgoing. So now I'm wondering if it was Scrumph she was always hiding from...

So I'm considering separating these two and giving them their own cage and each a new playmate. I'm not sure if that's an extreme thing to do at this point (Scrumph never draws blood and they do sleep snuggled up together), but I feel their temperaments are so unevenly matched that they don't make good buddies.

All your rat experts out there, I need your advice!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Dont separate them :)
Ratties always wrestle. Sometimes my girls fight alot but no blood no foul :)
So id say try to let them be together and see how it goes

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been helping Pookie out a bit by pulling Scrumph off her a few times. Scrumph seems to be getting the hint and does it less often during playtime now. Pookie has come so much out of her shell during the last few days that I nearly cried. I think we can work these issues out instead of having to separate them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts