Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our landlord is demanding to spray pesticide in our apartment. The product is called Termidor and according to my research, it causes massive health problems in rats such as tumors and thyroid issues.

The person that will be spraying it on Saturday is NOT A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL. He is the same idiot that can't install a window properly or apply weather stripping that stays on longer than an hour without peeling off.

We have 10 rats and 2 dogs. How do we put a stop to this? Can someone help me find more information on this stuff? PLEASE.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Look at the lease agreement and possibly set up an arrangement for a temporary home (if he does do it) with family because short term, pesticides used incorrectly can kill your pets if they come into any contact with the chemical. I had a family member who had pesticide sprayed by a professional she paid and in the following week after being told it was safe, both of her dogs died. The lease should tell you how much power you have :/ but surely you can legally do something, as it should be considered a health hazard, I'd say contact a laywer asap

·
Registered
98 Posts
If an attorney isn't an immediate option, you could also call the police. Someone there will know what the law says for your situation, whether it's the first or fifteenth person you talk to. Not only will you learn more about your legal rights, you'll have a clearer picture of when to actually get them involved if it comes to that.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. What I ended up doing was calling the landlord and saying I am going to speak to an attorney about the spraying because the stuff was not labeled for indoor use and asked him the name of his attorney so mine could contact his.

The landlord's reaction? "Well we already sprayed outside and there haven't been any ants since that spraying so I guess we don't have to do it just yet."

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
just try as hard as you can to keep it from being sprayed. way to go for talking to him.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts