Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boy Remy mars everything and I mean everything he's on my bed now and my bed has like a bunch of pee spots I'm covered in pee he just tried to pee on my iPad the pillow is covered in pee I swear to god if I put his pee into a container exactly his size it would overflow it's getting annoying there's just so much fricking pee -_-

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well, you could get him neutered. That would reduce marking by 80-100%.
Pee litter-box training is more challenging than training a rat to poop in a litter box. Speaking of, do you have a litter box out for him? So he has somewhere besides you to pee on?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Some rats do it, some rats grow out of it. My intact boy Bartok stopped doing it as he got older (no idea why) and my neutered boy Pooka doesn't do it a lot. Neutering is an amazing thing lol.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I put rocks in the cage and my first intact boys instinctively peed on them. Helped with cage cleaning. With the new babies we built "outhouses" and placed them in a few places around the apt. Overturned plastic large coffee containers with a hole cut in the side and litter and rocks on the lid for easy cleaning. They are to young to see if this works yet, free range has been very limited being they don't like the floor but I was surprised at the need to pee all over rocks with my previous boys. Also my boys needed to pee on all the electronics (and I've heard similar to from others) so maybe keep your rats away from your Ipad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts