Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bald girly, Victoria, is so silly.

She goes nuts over tissue paper. Big Pieces, Little pieces. loves them. She'll drag them to the "lounge".

I think its because she used to be a momma. But regardless, it keeps her busy(shes not much of a social one). She lights up and get so excited.

Any others like this?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Okay, okay...

Perry does this....

I dunno what that says about him....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's got momma instincts too!

no no, He probally likes to rearrange and tear.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Maybe he's just a little fabulous. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
My girls aren't the brightest with nesting.

They have two "homes" within their cage: a wooden house thing, and one of those hollowed out log things. Usually, they go into the house. But if I put a lot of tissue/nesting material in, they'll STUFF the house until they themselves can no longer squeeze in... and then they have to use the log.

Seriously, one time I put a full roll of toilet paper in, hanging from a rope from the roof, so they could unroll it. The stuffed the house so full that it was hard to the touch, and there was no way they were getting in.

*shakes head*

·
Registered
22 Posts
I gave my girls a sock and Willow drags it down into the little igloo to sleep on it and then, by the time I wake up the next morning, it's back out in the middle of the cage.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The first time I put a roll of toilet tissue in the cage, I hung it up in the lower level. Strangely, Picasso is the mother but Da Vinci is a better nester. Anyway, she grabbed the end of the roll and ran up the stairs with it, all the while still attached. It was hilarious to watch. She then proceeded to put every last bit of toilet paper in the hammock.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
all of my rats loves bits of paper & tissue

they totally flip out when I offer it to them... I can walk into the room while they are all in a deep sleep & tear one strip of newspaper & they all rush to their cage walls shoving little faces & arms through the bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts