Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
what types are they? how many boys and girls do you have? and if you're keeping all of them why did you breed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i breed because i want to and i dont know what type the rats are i can take pictures and you guys can tell me when you buy them at the pet store you dont nowwhat type of rat you got

·
Registered
186 Posts
it sounds as if you don't know much about rats. you should not be breeding them just to breed them. that is irresponsible. their are lots of rats out there in rescues that are looking for homes that you could have adopted instead.

i take it you have now 15 rats plus the babies on the way. they are going to need lots of room, which means very large cages. plus it is going to cost a lot to care for and feed that many. have you considered the time and cost of having this many rats?

·
Registered
186 Posts
this is not a place to be bragging about babies you are just going to feed to a snake. this is a place to talk about pet rats.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
some of them i am keeping as pets and i dont want to be part of a site that have a bunch of mean ass peaple

·
Registered
186 Posts
well please just discuss your pet related stuff then. i understand that snakes have to eat too, but since this forum is about pet rats its better to just discuss that stuff here.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Yeah, just try to understand we have our rats as pets.

I'm sure most of us understand that snakes need to eat and are ok with it, but still, it hurts to hear it.

Not only that, but this IS a forum for PET rats.

We're not trying to be mean. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
jesse1684 said:
i dont want to hear it i breed because i have a snake
Wow! that has to be the worst comment I've ever heard on a rat forum. Not trying to be nasty but how on earth can you decide which ratties you are going to keep and love as pets and which ones are going to be snake fodder??? 8O

I understand snakes have to eat and rats/mice/other small animals is what they eat but how can you feed one pet with another?

Maybe I'm too much of a rat lover (I have nothing against snakes either) but I just couldn't do it. Maybe it's just becuase this is writing rather than speaking but your really don't seem bothered about these poor ratties :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts