Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was in petco the yesterday (one of the better ones, i must say...) and i found several babies that were only weeks old. they looked about the size of a large mouse, so i couldnt help getting one. then i went back today and got another.

anyway, my question is: upon meeting my older female rat, they have both gone and attempted to drink from her, which worries me that they are under 6 weeks of age. they seem to be picking at the lab blocks i have provided, but is there anything I can do to ensure that they grow strong and such?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got a baby boy from a pet store today also and he is very young so i am giving him kitten milk, he took it from a little droper and i put it on some wheat bread. he loved it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
try some high protein treats like avocado, chicken and scrambled eggs. Soya milk will be enjoyed too. Try feeding them veg high in carbs to help them grow like peas, sweatcorn some squash (cooked and mashed). Also get loads of green veg like brocolli and kale..... hope that helps and your babies grow big and strong :):)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts