Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just yesterday I was surfing craigslist for rat supplies, not really looking to buy anything, just looking really. I came across someone selling a double unit critter nation and clicked it out of curiosity. Turns out they were trying to get rid of it and were only asking $50 for it! I took the chance and snapped it right up. The person selling even delivered! So I ended up with this double nation, three huge bags of bedding, three bags of fleece, hammocks, toys, food bowls, and more little bits and bobs than I'll ever know what to do with....And four rats. There was no mention of rats in the post other than the seller mentioning that there had been rats living in it. When they got to my place to drop the cage off, they had the rats with them in this old bird cage; they explained that they had been trying to re-home the rats as well, and since I had some already (I had told them that when I contacted them about the cage), that I might like the four they had as well. I just couldn't say no. D:
So...Now I have another four boys, bringing my total up to nine rats, oh wow. Now I just need to name them...
12028998_817329185030978_2136634534_n.jpg 12064046_817329178364312_436866314_n.jpg 12033389_817329198364310_48717673_n.jpg

The first two pictures are of the older boys, the previous owner told me that they are brothers and are about a year and a half old. The second picture is of the younger boys; I was informed that they are about 8 months old. They all seem pretty friendly, though none of them seem used to being given treats (snatched them out of my hands, nipped my fingers in the process, but didn't bite down hard or break skin). Guess I'll have to see how well they'll be fitting into my little mischief...It'll be a little while before I do any introductions with my other boys, since I'm not sure how long these guys were being kept in the birdcage..I don't think they're sick at all, just kind of dirty...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Small update: I don't think they're used to being given fresh food either. I made them a little "salad" like I do for my other boys about this time of day, and all four of them sniffed at it and then stared a moment before deciding to eat it. They're really tearing it up now, but it made me a little concerned to see that they didn't seem to know it was food at first. :(

·
Registered
953 Posts
People are really rude. I'm really glad you have the boys and they will be taken care of. But to bring them like that, really is uncalled for. So if the cage went and not the boys they would of been stuck in a small birdcage. grrr

The cage though-woot-great deal on it. I think you have boys already as well? That is a nice thing as well. The new boys are gorgeous.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@mimsy
Yeah, thats really why I took the boys because I was worried they'd just stay in that birdcage, ahh. D:
But that price, I just couldn't pass it up. I'd never seen a double critter nation in person before I put it together, I can't believe how huge they are!

And yes, I've got 5 other rats, all boys as well. I like having all the same gender, it makes me less paranoid about accidental pregnancies.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
That price is AMAZING. I got a SCN at the cheapest i could find for 50 dollars more.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That price is AMAZING. I got a SCN at the cheapest i could find for 50 dollars more.
I couldn't believe the deal either. The cheapest I've seen the DCN on craigslist go before was $150 and I just hadn't been willing to drop that kind of money on one right now. So this was an absolute steal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts