Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TL/DR I got boys and there are pics of them at the bottom!

I know I haven't been on here for forever, life just got crazy. But after finding out I can't get rats from the giant hoarding situation (they can't get the train to me) I started looking into local rats I could rescue, and I found these boys! I originally wanted 2, and it's a super long story as to how I got the third, and it involves snakes. I know that there are different views on here about snake food, and I personally support the rights of snakes to survive, but I just acquired three adorable snake snacks. ;)

They don't have names yet, we are taking our time deciding. The first one is blue with a white belly, the second is a rex with cool face markings, and the third is mostly hairless with really cool skin markings. I'm pretty sure that the rex and hairless are brothers, and the blue is from another litter, but it's hard to tell when there were so many litters living in a giant tank. (And they told me that another mom had given birth right before I got there...). Anyways, less than ideal snake food breeding situation has turned into awesome rat friends for us!

Our plan is to buy the addition to the critter nation and have the boys on top and girls on bottom. Currently they are in separate rooms. I swear I will not be breeding, I only got boys because I keep hearing about how they have calmer personalities and I wanted some boys. So far, the rumors are correct. The blue and hairless like to sit still and chill, only the rex likes to run around, and even then he's slow compared to the girls. All of the boys enjoy sitting under my boyfriend's beard, lol.

I'm not sure if anyone can tell by the pics how old they are, but I know they are pretty young. If anyone can post what their colors/markings are, that would be great too.

Anyways, I know you're only here for the awesomely cute pics. So here ya go. :D

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know they are cute now, but I'm kinda excited for them to turn into giant cuddle rats. I plan on playing with the girls when I have energy, and the boys when I just want to chill. Seems like a decent plan, lol.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ahhh! I love hairless rats! Your boys are so adorable! :D

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Haha I just got a boy too for the same reason! I wanted a cuddle bug. But all my little guy does is sleep and chill. Haha he has a whole DCN to himself and hasn't once explored the top shelf or bottom part of the cage. He stays on the floor of the top level that's it. Your system sounds workable. I have no clue what I'd name them! Ah I want more baby rats!! Little Anti depressants.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh! I love hairless rats! Your boys are so adorable! :D
Thanks! I just couldn't say no to a hairless, and these people had tons. One of the moms they had was hairless, so there were several.

I did take the opportunity to teach the people about how awesome rats are and how they can learn tricks and be litter boxed trained. I hope that maybe they will do better for their rats in the future, because they seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. (Was still really sad that they were smoking in the room with all the rat babies...)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New pic this morning! They don't move very much, I think they are scared, but it makes it super easy to photograph them.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They now have names! The blue is Remy, the rex is Templeton, and the naked is Vincent. <3

·
Registered
158 Posts
They look pretty young still. I would guess anywhere from 5-7 weeks old. The dumbo looks a little younger. They're so adorable! I'm happy that they aren't snake food. Good luck with your new boys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts