Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've drooled over the DCN since I started considering getting a rat. When I got Alfie back in January or February he came with a Hendrix Pervue feisty Ferret. Okay for the time, but I've grown to really hate the stupid thing. It was a pain in the butt to put together, the bar spacing is wide, only one side of the front opens, making cleaning and putting levels in difficult. Overall it's just not everything I need or want.

I've got a little extra cash now with how my paychecks are working out this month, so I started looking on CL for a DCN, and then petsmart (good lord they're expensive there), and finally found a decently priced one on Amazon. Its still expensive, but I feel like it's going to be SO worth it. I'm literally squeeing I'm so excited. It arrives Thursday.

Now i just need to decide if I keep the Hendrix as a backup, or if I donate to a rescue... Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Congrats! Mine was an anniversary present a year ago, best gift ever :D I'be kept our old cage for intros and if I'll ever need a hospital cage

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have a All Living Things rat starter cage, which is great for babies, or a hospital cage, cuz it's not terribly big (at least not when compared to the DCN and FF). I'm thinking I'll take apart the FF and put it in a closet. If the day comes that I want to get females, and I stll have the boys they can go in the FF and the girls can go in the DCN. Or not.. I dunno. It's just such a big, bulky cage and it was a real pain to put together. :( Kinda dreading taking it apart.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thats so awesome! You will love the DCN. Worth every penny. The FF is a pretty big spare cage, but honestly it may be very useful in the future. I have been trying to get rid of my last rats cage but just couldn't find anyone to take it. I decided I was going to donate it whenever I make it out to the shelter. A week after deciding that I found two small boys online in immediate need of help. I am so grateful I kept the cage because it is a decent size for a starter cage before intros begin. But its up to you! Maybe you can sell that one and find a smaller cheaper one yet bigger than the ALT rat cage. =)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I had the SCN and when i got the add on to upgrade it to a DCN i felt like it was towering over me. It is huge. And awesome!!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congratulations! It always sucks that the good stuff is so expensive, but in the end it'll be well worth it. Your ratties are going to love it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's out for delivery!! WOOO!!! Hopefully it's delivered by the time i get home.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IT HAS ARRIVED!!! WOOHOO!! I can't wait to be done work so I can go pick it up from my girlfriend's house. XD

·
Registered
908 Posts
You've probably already assembled it, but I wanted to add that it is easier with two people and a rubber mallet. :) Congrats on the new cage. I got one off Amazon recently too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts