Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna get a new cage. I love the Martins 695 and everything, but its just a real pain to clean and to reach certain places. It also gets crowded quick. I was thinking a Ferret Nation, but I don't have alot of money to fork out. So I would probably only be able to get the bottom half.

Is just the bottom half sufficant for -at the max- 4 boys?

If so, would it be better to have two shevles in there?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I think a 141 would be okay for 4 boys, but I definitely wouldn't put any more in there. Especially if they're big boys ^_^

In my opinion, a second shelf isn't necessary as long you have lots of stuff to utilize the open space. If your rats like hammocks, that would be the best and cheapest way to go ^_^ I also don't know how much it would be to order and ship the extra shelf.. you may very well end up spending almost as much on a 141 + extra shelf as you would on a 142 from ferret.com.

But definitely get a FN! Best cage ever :D

·
Registered
997 Posts
141 holds a max of 6 rats.

I'd say it is in the rat's best interest to keep the shelf that comes with it in there, so they have space to get away from each other if they're feeling grumpy. Plus hammocks and homemade shelves and whatnot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.