Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so iv moved him now but i havnt quite finished yet, im goin 2 put a level and such inside still but he seems alot happier now, i kinda feel really bad having him inside that tiny one, i added the little cage well i dont really know why i did but hes made that like his little bed room, the pink fluffy thing inside it well he made that as his bed, oh and the purple ball thing he loves that for some reason he pushes it about but yeh all is well at the moment he loves running around and climbin the cage bars and stuff...alllsooo i will be addin mesh wire incase he can get out the bars, but its very unlikly he will because the bars are far to think for him 2 fit through, also iv noticed that since hes been in the cage and while hes running around he kinda twitches alot....i know rabbits do that the name for the rabbits doing it is called binkies that means there happy but i dont know about rats,anyway i hope this will be okay for him for the time being i still have to add more things bare in mind, thanks

here is a befor pic

now after

·
Registered
486 Posts
Is that a budgie cage you kept him in? 8O

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh that was the rabbit cage, my sister is holding my rabbit for now untill iv sorted georgie for good in her room, Emster, im not sure what cage it was we had it for a while, i took some bits and bobs from our bird cage like the purches as i put some sort of level thing in it, and the pink thing because i always put a treat in there for him...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
much better. there's a lot you can do with the rabbit cage to make it very fun for your rat and it will do fine to hold another rat in there as well. i think you were saying that you were planning on getting another rat as a friend right? or am i confusing people again?

the twitching thing is probably the beginnings of popcorning. its pretty much the same thing as a blinky but faster. the rats can almost seem to teleport from place to place when they really get going. and yes, it means he's happy and excited. if you started playing with him and talking to be then, when he's only doing the twitch thing its likely you could get a full fledged popcorn going. i wish i had a video camera and i would tape Ink at it. she's an expert popcorner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts