Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so i have a big 11 month old buck and i felt that his cage was too small for his bigg butt so i decided to search for a new one. I read a few threads about using the "organize it cubes" and decided to use them. He now has a great cage (28"high x 28"wide x 25" deep with an almost complete second level) Its great, and he really seems to love it, he can fit his head through the bars, but has yet to try any further than that.

My problem lies with the newcommer in the house, his intended cagemate. Olly is a 6 week old little boy, and is MUCH smaller than Moose. The spacing on the cage is 1"x1" and Olly walks through it like there is no cage. I need some suggestions on what to cover the cage with.I would like it to be attractive, as it will most likely be permanent for future newcommers.

I would wait untill Olly is bigger, but in the future if i get another boy, i will be facing the same dilemma. And Moose gets on well with Olly now so the sooner they are permanetly together the better.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know wire mesh, but there are many options, what works best and looks nice at the same time? And places to get it.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Home Depot and the like have rolls of coated hardwire mesh. It's green. It's not all that bad, considering. I have a roll donated I've never open, if you'd like to see pics to help you find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts