Rat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of a couple passings recently (Dwarfie and Widdershins), and having to house my older gal, Hazel, with my duo Ensie & Fyn, my big cage is home to only 9 rats. But, I think they like it that way :D I put in quite a bit of their Christmas presents (toys, hammocks), since I have no patience whatsoever. The rats don't seem to mind :wink:

Top right - the most popular part of the cage:

Top left:

Emma approves of the new heart-shaped wood toy :)

Bottom right section of the cage - most definitely the least used portion of the cage.

Bottom left, which is for some reason becoming more popular with my crew. Probably just because I've been putting more in it by way of cube hammocks and toys :p

And just a couple cute pictures of the ratties:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rat_rascal - sometimes, especially medication times, I do honestly have a hard time finding them! I've been late to work because of having to search around for 10-15 minutes to find one of them :p

lostbutnotforgot - they're from the grocery store (Meijer)! I couldn't believe they had them either, and for only $1.29 for a pack of 12.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
How do you hold up the shelves in the middle of the cage? Are they stable? I haven't put my two FNs together yet since I don't have the space, but I was pondering that the other day :3

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't take out the sides on either of the cages - I actually broke the wire and ripped it out. So the sides' frames are still intact with the shelf holes.

·
Registered
527 Posts
That cage is fabulous!
My ratties want to run away from home now. ;D

..Although, if I dared to show those pics to my mom, she'd say: "There's no way you're getting a cage like that! Your rats have a big enough cage! What do you think we are, a zoo?!"

Sigh. :roll:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not that long honestly. I spot clean all the time, which takes about 10-15 minutes a day. If I do end up doing a full cleaning, it takes about an hour and a half :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
WOW! Thats amazing...and so colorful, I love it.

I wanted to ask, if you don't mind that is...do you make your own hammocks and if so they are amazing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts