Rat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
I had that cage before I upgraded, it housed 2 of my boys. They got alot of free time. Although it had one extra level. If you only have 2 boys then that will do for them.. If you have more than 2 boys then I would think about upgrading in the future as males get large and really wouldnt be big enough for more than 2. Its a nice cage and I liked it. its roomy enough to put alot of things in it. :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
I cut fleece to fit the levels and attached with binder clips, so that if they peed, they wouldnt get it all over them. And its easy to take off and put new on. Plus washable and cheap. As opposed to wiping it down several times a day was a pain. Just change the fleece every couple days. Its really your preference and what works best for you and your ratties :) as far as litter training, corner boxes are good and use different material in the litter box than the bedding you have for the bottom, so they distinguish the difference.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought some fleece today, so il work on making them new hanging things and il cover the levels. I also bought some baskets that I thought would be fun if I tied them up. Next time I'm out il get a litter box for the corner.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Looks nice. Mine took a few days to learn there was more than the bottom level as well. The more comfortable they get the more they will explore.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
You will find that any wooden objects will soon smell like urine. I would advise plastic houses, structures, etc. :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I second nixing the wooden things and sticking to plastic/fleece housing. Urine really soaks into wood and unless you're up for lots of H2O2 soaks and oven/sun baking, try to avoid it. :/ I keep wooden and pumice chews around the cage so that they still have things to chew on. Baby links also work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.