Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have 4 rats, 2 we have had for 5 months, 1 for 2 months and our newest we have had for 2 weeks, they have been introduced over the last week and I felt it was time to put her in with the others. I am worried though that she, while being smaller than the other three, is chasing, mounting and harassing the older three, now my oldest two over the past few hours are doing everything to avoid her it seems. They haven't broken out into any serious fights other than agitated grooming, and I keep a spray bottle handy ad will be staying by their cage through the next couple nights, what all should I keep an eye out for to make sure she doesn't turn into a bully rat? I want to do whatever I can to help them live in harmony with each other D:

·
Premium Member
4,287 Posts
Have you tried putting them in a smaller cage or carrier rather than straight in the big cage. This may help move them passed the getting used to each other stage faster.

I'm guessing she's a young girl and the others are older. This is why i would always recommend similar aged playmates. baby's want to play and ping and adults get very feed up with it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying this with the cage I was keeping our new one in which is a 2 story hamster cage, cleaned it out really well and just put the water bottles, food and loose bedding in and it seems to be working great so far, there is still a few scuffles but its not nearly as often or as bad as they were getting, thanks for the advice! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts