Rat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning rat forum.... :)

We are new rat owners living in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. We got a rat for our daughter as her first "for her" pet.

Like many new rat owners (though I am loathe to admit it) we did pretty much everything wrong. We bought from a chain store, we bought only one rat, and we listened some to what they advised. (thankfully, due to previous small animal experience we did a couple of things right along the way as well, so the experience wasn't a complete train wreck...)

two weeks later... we have moved foreword from one rat in a "too small" cage thanks to many hours of lurking here...

We went back and "rescued" the remaining two single rats in the store (one is a brother to our original, plus another single that was left behind my wife felt too guilty to leave there) bringing our families rat count to three (all three boys, and the three boys are getting along great together). We found that Amazon had the DCN cage on sale and we are proud to say that with a few weeks of rat ownership we are (I believe) on track to proper care with a small cute family group and an amazing cage.

Today is a day off for me... so we are taking the kids to the fabric store this afternoon to pick out fleece... tomorrow we will have new hammocks etc... sewn. (we are handy with a sewing machine....)

anyway... thanks for the forum add... we hope to be regular participants of the community... :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Our three boys are: Roger, Simba, and Bandito

Bandito is the younger one, and Roger and Simba are brothers if the pet store is to be believed.

Ill need to take a few pictures... :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I too live in the Tampa Bay area. I'm glad to see someone else around me. Lol Good job fixing the situation! Its always good to see people who do things right. :) I hope to see you around!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts