Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new fosters! I have two agouti hooded boys one is a rex!

I also got a momma and seven little pinkies! I will post pictures as soon as mom lets me take her out. I need to clean the cage right now but I am almost worried to bother her. I will post pictures of everyone as time goes by. I have heard several little eeps coming from mo and babies cage. I know that mom is going to need some socialization since she is nippy right now but I think it will all work out in the end.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Are these Fosters from Northstar? I heard there was a special needs rat that was due to give birth soon, you must be the one who has her. Congrats. Im glad the pinkies are doing well!

And good job on the boys, I have messages Diane about fostering and waiting for a reply. Cant wait for pictures!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Aww, have fun with the pinkies. :)

We've been so lucky so far, in that all of our moms have been beyond sweet and do no more than nibble. Of course, it's a trade-off because many of our gentlemen are aggressive. ;)

Pictures soon? :D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are not from the San Jose rescue unfortuantely we got filled up just before this happened. Rattie Ratz had an intake of four pregnant moms and a number of possible pregnant moms. Plus we had other issues with helping the SPCA's in the area. I took this mom and babies in because They were from the Bay Area and hoped to relieve some of the foster homes down there to help with the Northstar rescue. I am unfortuantely too far away to help with the Northstar since I do not drive. Mom is doing very well and it looks liek we have 4 boys and 3 girls. Mom is very very young and just absolutely precious.

The two boys are now named Buster and Keaton the rex being Keaton. THey are very active and still a little skittish but nothing I can't break them of. I will get pictures of the babies as soon as mom feeds them and relax's a bit I don't want to stress her out anymore than she already is. I had to clean the cage out today since they were being kept on newspaper. They are now on alpha dry with fleece and paper towels for mom to re nest with and a shoe box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts