Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the girls some flexible drainage hose today. And they are having a BALL!

It was only $17 for something like 25 feet of it, expandable. So I'm using about six feet to make a tunnel from their cage to my bed, and it's sooo funny! They grab food from me and Belgie just takes off running, the whole thing a-shaking and a-rumbling. They picked it up pretty fast, too. So this is good, since they did NOT like me picking them up to transfer from cage to bed for play time. And this way they still have access to water/food/sleeping/potty places. I highly suggest it. Plus I'm going to put a little in their cage, maybe hang it from the ceiling to give new interesting things to do.

Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with the other 19 feet... !!

·
Registered
343 Posts
How about linking sections together to make an intricate network of fun exploring tunnels ? You could put little treats in there to find, and those little balls with bells inside for them to push about to keep them occupied.
Might have to invest in some myself !

·
Registered
343 Posts
or , you could get some cardboard boxes and make yourself a robot suit using the tubing as arm and leg pieces ! lol

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
do you mean stuff like this?

if you do, keep the other 19 feet, every time i clean the cage i have to change it because half the white stuff is gone

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha. It's kinda like that, but not really. It's black, and way heavy duty. These girls are going to have to really get their chewing game on if they want to destroy it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I used some with my boys, its not as hard to chew as you would think :-? Also its pain to clean, so I recommend throwing it out when it gets really pee-soaked... the pee gets in the grooves and doesn't come out

·
Registered
323 Posts
eewww....i don't think I am gonig tp plan on getting those.....but sounds like a GREAT IDEA!. (The reason I was soying ewww....is because of what glindella said).

actually,.....not that I think about it. it sounds like a GREAT idea!! I might try it!

·
Registered
109 Posts
What a cool idea! I wasn't planning on having the cage in my bedroom (because of the noise at night while I'm trying to sleep ;)) but I think I might have to, if only because of all the fun things people have said about having rats in the bedroom. Anyways, this was kind of off-topic, but I thought I would share my thoughts with you :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They love it! The thing trouble is that they've learned to walk on top of it, and if something startles them, they tend to slide right off! I've had to fish Belgie out of my closet more than once... Also they get on my dresser, cause I use that to support the tube, and chew on my lotion bottles... twerps.

I think cleaning it won't be bad, if it starts to smell, I'll just soak it in the tub... but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts