Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my new guy came out of quarantine today! Cute as a button, and friendly to boot! He is a blue capped dumbo (at least, I think its called blue...)

Anyway, since all health checks out for both guys...I thought lets try to get some intros going...put a tiny bit of water in the bathtub...enough to get their feet wet. I put one in, then put the other...big guy first, little guy second....and was expecting to have to seperate them at least once...however....not one problem! They just ran around, sniffed for a few seconds, and all was well. There was quite a bit of poo in the tub when it was all said and done...but no problems, no issues...NOTHING. While they ran around sniffing stuff....I messed with the cage...moved stuff around....put clean stuff in....put them in...no problems so far!

They ran around for a bit...sniffing stuff...then remy rolled emile over and BAM! On the ground...now they are wrestling around...and Emile is definitely NOT the alpha male....Emile does like following Remy around EVERYWHERE so far though....to the litter box...upstairs...in the hammock...climbing on his back while drinking water....eating....god its cute...

I have noticed so far that Emile is the curious explorer that Remy is not...and he is also a climber! The only way Remy will go up the to the second floor is the ladder...Emile just climbs the wall...so cute....so...here ya go...pics! Trying to get them to sit still right now is near impossible...lol

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
awwww how cute :). I had a quick question for ya. Where did you get the mesh cubes? The one's I've found only come in one inch grids, and I wanted to build a C&C cage but I did NOT want to have to cover it with hardware cloth.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it at target...but took forever to find it...out of 8 stores within 30 miles fo me...not one had it...had to drive over an hour to get it..check targets and see what you can find...good luck! Oh, and get two boxes!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh, and a pic that shows the size difference and the dumbo ears!!

Funnily enough, Emile was beating up Remy! They where wrestling, Remy tried to roll Emile over, Emile threw him off the second floor, into the litter box...then he did what can only be described as an elbow drop from the second floor on to Remy, then rolled Remy over and pinned him...hilarious

·
Registered
411 Posts
Love the dumbo! And I did intros in the tub today as well! It went fairly well, although my older rats were terrified (they hate baths) and jumped right out. We continued on the bathroom floor and all went well.

Emile is the new rat? I like the white spot on his forehead. Very cute. It's great Remy has a friend. And I like your target cage too. It's so great your so into your rats.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, Emile is the new guy. They are curled up asleep right now (same spot as in the last photo....if my camera didn't suck, i would take a pic, they both just woke up long enough to stretch and yawn. so cute!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts