Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! I've been on a bit of a hiatus, and in that time there have been some new habits developing in my two boys. Mainly that Loki has very recently and very persistently become obsessed with feet.

I realize that this is common for many rats, in fact the girls I had in the past were no exception. But I find it odd in the suddenness and intensity that this has come on. Both him and his brother are near 1.5 years and he has never shown an interest in the past. But now, he will stalk any feet he sees when they are out free ranging. With or without socks. He then proceeds to nip several times, and when I reprimand him and try to redirect him, he comes back for more. Never drawn blood, but it's to the point where I'm nervous whenever he gets near my feet.

I suspect it's something about the movement he doesn't like? Or even that he doesn't realize it's connected to me? Because when I reach down to pick him up he'll give a few obligatory licks :p

Anyone have an idea as to why this has started so suddenly? Is it something I am inadvertently doing? Just don't want him to generalize it to all body parts, as it's hard to have him out and about when guests are over now because they likely won't be as understanding as my boyfriend and I are lol

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay I'm sorry, still trying to figure out this app but I wanted to provide a visual :) They're both old men now, but still can't sit still long enough for a picture!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I only had one girl who would ninja my feet. She did it for attention me thinks and she never broke the skin. So perhaps your boy wants you to play with him. Not sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts