Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I originally joined to ask some questions about my new rats but I guess I'll post a little about myself until I gain access to those areas :) My name is Aundra-Lyn and I am 23 years old. I have had two rats before this, but I had them separately, so I've never owned a pair together. I knew that they did better in pairs (or groups) but when I was younger I was only allowed to have one at a time. My first rat, Gerard, lived a long life and passed away peacefully through the night. My second rat, Penelope, unfortunately developed tumors later in her life and the vet didn't think she'd make it through surgery so I decided to put her down (please don't be rude about this, I did what I felt was best at the time in my situation). This happened about 2 years ago, and I finally decided I was ready for another. I ended up looking into adopting instead of buying from a place like Petco like I have done in the past. Two females who came in together showed up and I decided it would be better to get them both, especially since they have already been socialized. Since it is my first time adopting and having a pair together, I'm realizing it makes things a lot different than the rats I have had in the past, which brings up a lot of questions since I want to be the best rat momma I can be and I'm hoping a forum like this can really help me out. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask about what I want in an introduction post so I'll just leave it at this. I'm really excited to read & learn more about rats though, thanks for reading :)

I've also attached a picture of my new ratties. The lighter grey one is Rory (her name was Aurora but that's my dogs name so I wanted to give her a nickname lol) and the darker one is Jasmine, who I also call Jas :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And could someone maybe tell me when I will be able to post in the other forums? I really have some other questions about my new ratties, maybe I should have just posted them here :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.