Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female, Sapphire, was given to me from a friend of a friend about two weeks ago and to my surprise, she was pregnant!! As you can imagine, as a first time rat owner I'm a little overwhelmed, but also excited to see new lives come into the world. I've taken all suggestions to I've extra bedding material, larger enclosure with no bars, extra protein to help with milk production. I guess I can't help but be a little nervous. I've had plenty of other animals that have had babies, so I'm confident that I can handle these new little scamps.
I'll keep this up to date on Sapphire's new additions. :3

Below is pregnant momma. <3

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sapphire looks like a little sweety, good luck with the babies, i'd love to see some pictures of them once they're born and as they grow! Is Sapphire alone? If so, you should keep one or two of the female babies to live with her. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Babies are here!! She had 11 babies in total and they are all healthy. Mom is doing very well taking care of the little pinkies. More to come as they grow up, but for now, I've got a sneak peak of the little babies.

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Aw, they're adorable little jelly beans! I hope everything goes well with your new additions! :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
What pretty babies! Any new pictures to share?

·
Registered
994 Posts
so by the looks of it their all hoodeds exept for the albino/whites?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts