Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holla! Wanted to post a thread over and say hello :)

Just recently acquired two male pink eyed white rats. Their names are Harry and Stuart. I love my new albino friends :)

I've only had my guys for 2 days and have been using a 30 gallon aquarium as a temporary tank. I know this isn't preferred, but I'm happy to announce my new Martin's Rat Lodge (R-680) will be delivered tomorrow. I'm so excited to introduce my friends to their new home. I've been lurking for a couple days on here and have really found fantastic information. I've been amused with their play fighting recently.

As this is my third day with them, I've started the process of trust training with them. I had them out of the cage for about 50 minutes today, one resting in my rope pocket while the other was on my shoulder and neck. I'm hoping I can make some serious progress with them over the next few weeks.

Anyways, thanks for everything so far!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm just a couple weeks with owning rats, I also have two boys. I have a small room that the their "play area" and I just went in there daily (still do), lay down, and read a book. First few days they didn't have a whole lot to do with me...now I can't hardly read because they are licking my face, chewing on my ears, and generally being all up in my business! I am having a great time and we are all already attached to each other! Welcome to the board...I have learned so much here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just a couple weeks with owning rats, I also have two boys. I have a small room that the their "play area" and I just went in there daily (still do), lay down, and read a book. First few days they didn't have a whole lot to do with me...now I can't hardly read because they are licking my face, chewing on my ears, and generally being all up in my business! I am having a great time and we are all already attached to each other! Welcome to the board...I have learned so much here.
I cannot wait to eventually get there! I do have a room that only has a bed and dresser in it. No wires or anything. That might make do for a playroom. Do you think it'd be alright to put them in there with me despite only having them for a short while?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I do. Before my new rats even got in their cage I took them into a small bathroom with me and did something referred to as "immersion". It's basically a fast-version of trust training. You can find a sticky on it that Rat Daddy made and I highly recommend it. My babies were so much calmer and sweeter with me after only about an hour! I've had them for about a month now and they're the sweetest little things... I wish you luck! XD

·
Registered
18 Posts
We started in the room within a few days of having them..worked out well! If you have the space, go for it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts