Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm a new member here, I have loved rats even before I got them yesterday! I have a double Rex dumbo, no coloration named peach (like peach fuzz) and a standard blue rat with a blotch if white on her belly named Margo. I got my babies yesterday but I have read the popular critters series "rats" book cover to cover twice before then and researched extensively on the Internet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so I know about the three post thing but I kind of have an emergency that I didn't post above. So when I brought peach home she started sneezing but she wasn't sneezing at the pet store. It is pretty frequent and the other rat, Margo, isn't sneezing and they were from the same store. Is it just new home sneezes or could it be serious??? Any responses appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
581 Posts
If you just got them yesterday, I wouldn't worry about a bit of sneezing. If it gets worse and you notice clicking or other respiratory disease signs, then a vet check may be in order. Even my generally healthy girl gets a touch sneezy when she gets introduced to new things, but she clears up nice and easy after a few days. :3

Also, welcome to the forum! I hope you learn as much from the users here as I have! XD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wah my name is margo! :) she's probably sneezing because of the new environment. Rats have very sensitive lungs so their bedding should be entirely paper no wood chips in it at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts