Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm a new member. I am also new to keeping rats. I used to really not like the idea of rats, that is until I met my friends rats and fell in love with them. I had no idea they could be so affectionate or full of personality and so I recently (after a lot of research) got two boy rats of my own, named Merry and Pippin. I love spending time with them as they're such fun to play with and have such quirky little ways. I would love to hear other peoples experiences of how they came to own and love rats.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I discovered rats when I was a kid. My little sister's elementary school had various animals in the classroom that kids were allowed to take home over the weekends. She often brought home a pair of rats and our whole family fell in love with them. It was a male and female. The male rat knew how to get in and out of the cage anytime he wanted to and he would get out at night when my sister and I were sleeping. He would climb up the bed and sleep on my neck. I could take him on walks outside and he would stay right with me. When summer vacation came around, the school gave all the pets away and we were lucky to be able to get the rats.

Before you know it, our two rats turned into 10. We were moving from Las Vegas to Pennsylvania and my Dad made us give the rats away. We didn't have any problems finding homes for all of them before we moved. Now after all these years, I've got two little female rats and just love them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hello and Welcome!

I have always liked them. Didn't get my first rats till I was 18, maybe 19, I had a male and female. I did breed them 1 time, she had a litter of 11. Kept them all. That was 6-8 yrs ago.
Haven't had any since till just 2 weeks ago, I got 2 girls from a feeder bin from a local feed store. Love them to pieces.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts