Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just created an account to ask a quick question//
Wilko's (a UK hard/homeware store) has rebranded it's cage cleaner to a natural one which now contains essential oils of peppermint, clove leaf & eucalyptus - can't find any info anywhere on whether these are safe for rats or not.
It does say safe for "all furry animals" but i've seen many products over here which say they're safe for an animal when the reality is they're not :cautious:
Thought it would be better safe than sorry ~
Many thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wouldn't recommend anything scented for rats, even essential oils aren't good for them at all. If this is a spray then I wouldn't recommend a spray of any kind for them either. If you need rat cage cleaning supplies try unscented baby wipes. They are cheap and safe for rats. You can even clean the rats themselves with them. So in a nutshell no, please don't use that cage cleaner with your ratties.

·
Super Moderator
70 Posts
I just use a white vinegar dilute solution
If you want a disinfectant I recommend F10 disinfectant, its odorless and used in veterinary practices, you only need to add a small capful to your solution and you have a pretty powerful, safe cleaning solution

1 - 3 of 3 Posts