Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. Yesterday I adopted 2 sweet boys from my local rescue, Stuart and Alvin! I chose them because they are extremely social little guys. (I had met them last week at the rescue). I am a bit worried because they have been hiding in their little house ever since I brought them home, which was about 16 hours ago. No evidence that they are eating or drinking. I did put a couple little pieces of food in there, where I can see their little heads peeking out, and they did take it. Talked to the rescue director last night and she said not to worry too much, just bring them out and hold them in their snuggle sac, which I plan to do in a few minutes. I don't hear anything respiratory going on, and there is nothing in my house that could be scaring them. Did anyone else's ratties hide like this when they first came home? Thanks all!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on your boys too! What are their names? My guys are still being very shy. And they are so bonded together, it's adorable. Not exploring the cage much. I had to place them in their hammock this morning and they didn't move for hours! I know they are scared right now but I am so glad they have each other for comfort. I'm holding them a lot too. What was it like for your boys when you first brought them home?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just give your little ones time and lots of love, and soon, they'll be the happiest rats in the world to see you! I've found that a fool-proof way to gain an animal's trust is through its stomach, so find out what their favorite treat is, and give it to them every time they come out to see you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.