Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The girls are maniacs. Just little bundles of energy. I was trying to do some pvp on my mmo and the little devils would not stop standing on my head, hanging down between my glasses and eyes and then trying to jump the keyboard. I got some pics of my husband playing with them. They can jump from the bed to their cage. None of my others have ever done that. It's about 3 feet of a jump.

View attachment 187818 View attachment 187826 View attachment 187834

The boys are all just loves. All 8 run to the door to get on your shoulder and then they snuggle in. They push their heads into your hand so you'll scratch their little heads. We did get them to chase a rope a little during play today though.

View attachment 187842 View attachment 187850 View attachment 187858 View attachment 187866

Mammal Rat Vertebrate Mouse Hamster

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got them from Goose. :) We had 3 girls and Goose is our most panicky rat. She managed to get off the bed to the floor and we did an obviously poor job at rat proofing the bedroom. I knew we had a rat out in the shed where I keep the chicken feed, but hadn't realized he must of smelled the girls. I didn't see under their cage he made a HUGE hole in wall (looked like a cartoon rat hole). Goose went in and then went missing for almost 5 days. She would cry in the walls but we couldn't get her to come out. We didnt' hardly get any sleep..so I was totally out of it and sick trying to get her back. Finally, she came out and was trying to get on my bed, which I startled her and she ran under the tv stand. We caught her, tore about the bedroom and fixed the holes and put in new trim (heavy weight stuff this time). Next thing we know...we have 12 new babies.

This house is super crappy. I rented it like 10 years ago from a total slum lord that didnt' care that I had 3 dogs, 2 rats and like 8 ferrets. But it's been a pain, anything needing patching is up to us..he doesn't do a thing. I don't want to move until we can move back to central oregon where my folks are..hopefully into our own house. So I'm kinda stuck with it for now.

Anyways, I've never had more than 3 rats and was totally stressed at the idea of an extra 12...but now..I would not trade them in for anything in the world. These are the sweetest babies I've ever had. Love them all and I'm totally grateful it happened.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
They are so precious!! I love these updates!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Oh wow what an amazing story! So glad you're keeping them. rats are so hard to find homes for, especially half wilds. Is't watching them grow from babies and forming such a strong bond with them the most amazing thing in the world? My Nippy came to me pregnant and although I love all rats I've never had such a bond with any other rat as I do with her babies.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The girls give us a run for our money. They are on your head, leaping to some other place, up your leg, climbing the walls. The boys mostly just hang with us. Except Zumbug, he's the littlest boy who never sleeps and likes jumping on all his brothers which makes them squeak. He's half the size of Fizzly bear, I have no idea what Fizzly is squacking about, if he just sat Zumbug he'd have no choice but sit there. :) I carry Zum around a lot, he's calm and happy if on a shoulder and his brothers can get some sleep.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Great pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.