Rat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Lol! You were serious when you said you had a ton of hammocks in there! Good lord. I love all of the different colors :) Very nice!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoL. Yeah, I dont know if there can be TOO many hammocks though. I was thinking about making different levels, like shelves and stuff, right now its just one big cage.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem I was having with having levels was that the boys would pee and mark only on other levels and not at the bottom of the dang cage. So I would have to clean each level everyday becuase they would soak it.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
More levels would definitely be a good idea. Although the cage is very large now for your boys, without more levels they're not really able to take full advantage of all the space.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess if I do that I could place towels or something over it, so if they do pee it doesnt get everywhere.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Use plastic - if Oscar or Moss decide to pee on their levels i just wipe it off with tissue (if i catch it before it dries) or a babywipe :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Sara_C said:
Use plastic - if Oscar or Moss decide to pee on their levels i just wipe it off with tissue (if i catch it before it dries) or a babywipe :)

i do the same with my boys it helps with them marking too

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Stephanie said:
Sara_C said:
i do the same with my boys it helps with them marking too
Baby wipes here, too, with our girls. :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
LOVE all the hammocks! Are those ones you crocheted yourself?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm going to come and steal the fuzzy hammocks!!! oo i love them lol. Nice finished product btw!! spoiled little ones we all own.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I was thinking about putting plasic down when I do make the extra levels. :) YEAH! Those are all the hammocks I crocheted. :D

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
if you place the hammocks stagtegically and maybe get a couple hidy-holes (hamster balls, organizing bins, etc.) to hang up as well i don't see the need for solid levels. the levels themselves are meant to give the rats more room to run and jump and for you to be able to put igloos and the like on. but if you have enough hammocks and can tie things up this will serve the same purpose. with a bit of ingenuity and a bunch of zip ties you should be able to get away without platform levels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts