Rat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem I was having with having levels was that the boys would pee and mark only on other levels and not at the bottom of the dang cage. So I would have to clean each level everyday becuase they would soak it.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
More levels would definitely be a good idea. Although the cage is very large now for your boys, without more levels they're not really able to take full advantage of all the space.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Use plastic - if Oscar or Moss decide to pee on their levels i just wipe it off with tissue (if i catch it before it dries) or a babywipe :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Stephanie said:
Sara_C said:
Use plastic - if Oscar or Moss decide to pee on their levels i just wipe it off with tissue (if i catch it before it dries) or a babywipe :)
i do the same with my boys it helps with them marking too
Baby wipes here, too, with our girls. :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm going to come and steal the fuzzy hammocks!!! oo i love them lol. Nice finished product btw!! spoiled little ones we all own.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
if you place the hammocks stagtegically and maybe get a couple hidy-holes (hamster balls, organizing bins, etc.) to hang up as well i don't see the need for solid levels. the levels themselves are meant to give the rats more room to run and jump and for you to be able to put igloos and the like on. but if you have enough hammocks and can tie things up this will serve the same purpose. with a bit of ingenuity and a bunch of zip ties you should be able to get away without platform levels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.