Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got two boys today. One was rowdier than the other, so I took each out for about thirty minutes each, left for an hour, and got the calmer one back out again, as he was the one to come to my hand. He didn't fight when I pulled him out, and he crawled right up to my hair. Soon after, he was licking and nuzzling and my lips and nose. Is he already grooming me, or just tasting or something? Also, after thirty minutes of exploring me and licking me, he curled up in my shirt and slept for 45-60 minutes before I woke him up to go to sleep. Is he just really trusting already or is this stress related or what??

·
Registered
955 Posts
Sounds like the best start to rattie friendship! Count yourself very lucky :D Hopefully the braver of the two will teach the shy one that you are safe.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sounds like a perfect start to me! I've got four girls and two of them were like that, very sweet and brave and groomed me the first day. The other two were a little more shy and though they were also very sweet and would lick my fingers, they wouldn't totally relax while I was holding them. It's just different personalities.

Of course, now all four of my girls are bonded with me.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have one boy, Buddy, that will groom me. He's the sweetest friendliest little guy. (the one in my photo) The others don't lick me unless I have food. Although they do all pee on me so at least they're marking me as part of the pack. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts