Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Craigslist ad of a person looking to rehome a boy rat who is 2. Her post said that his brother passed away and he's been crying at night, so she decided to find him a new home rather than find a new rat for him to befriend. This will be my first rat introduction, and I really hope It goes well. One of my two boys is very shy and likes to be around his brother, but his brother likes to run around and be off on his own most the time, so if we get this boy, it sounds like he will be the perfect cuddle buddy for my current shy rat. I'm excited to see him saturday! My boyfriend and I will most likely be taking him home, unless he has any aggression towards us. We're going to have to get a temporary cage for him until he gets along with our boys. I was wondering if anyone else had any advice, In introduction or anything else. Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to say how completely awesome you are for wanting to take this little guy in. His story is so sad... I feel for him. Can you post a pic so we can see or the link?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ended up taking the boy, hes an agouti hooded, so cute! We did small intros today in the bathtub, and with our more skittish rat he immediately bonded, they were cuddling together within a minute. He's actually a little bigger than our boys, but it doesn't seem to matter to them, We'll slowly be doing more intros in the next few days, but today went really well. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts