Rat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys can you please do me a favor. One of my rats is consuming too much protein for her age since all the other rats are young and I've been feeding them protein rich food. Can you guys check the food you feed your ratties and see if it is around 12% protein? Does anyone know of any foods for rats that have lower protein? Most I have seen have about 16%.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am in the same boat with my ratties. I have babies and adults and I'm not sure how much protein will be okay for both since I do supplement meats and other proteins. Hope someone knowledgeable can answer!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Oxbow Regal Adult Rat Food has 15% crude protein, which I believe is the low end of the protein requirement for adult rats (high end being 20-something percent)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I feed mine Harlan Teklad (I buy it on eBay) and I feed them the 14% protein, it has less unnecessary ingredients than most blocks & it's cheaper than oxbow but great quality so that's why I switched.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I cannot legally (and in good conscience) provide a guaranteed analysis as each batch would have to be sent out to a laboratory at great expense, but my mix averages around 12% protein per batch, which can be altered with additional fresh protein.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts