Rat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all~!

My name is Paulina(or MJ as some call me). Since I was little I was around animals: born into a house of a dog and a cat, then as I grew older, 32 hamsters, a turtle, 4 rabbits, a good 100 fish, two more dogs, 5 guinea pigs, 4 gerbils, 4 lizards...lol yeah, I've had a lot of pets over the years. Right now I have two dogs(Siberian Husky and a JRT) and a cat.

So for the past 3 years I've been helping out in my local pet store, and a couple of months ago we got two rats. One of them was a big bully so we had to separate them. The victim was eventually sold and the bully girl has stayed in the shop since. I would take her out to try and help her become more tame, and what I found is that she just simply hates being with other rats, a very antisocial rat she is! But either way over the 3 months that we've had her, her and I formed a huge bond and became very friendly towards each other. So I put my name on her cage and next week I am bringing her home to me to give her the human attention that she so much strives for. <3 I attempted introduction to other rats but no, she just wasn't having any of it. But that's alright, because at my place, she will probably be with me almost 24/7 lol.

She's a beige/champagne/dove-ish? bareback, and her name is Daisy(she was called Petra at the store but I think Daisy just fits her <3 I named her after Daisy Johnson)

Here she is! (could anyone clarify for me what her actual color is? If it's fawn or what? I don't think I've heard of rats being a 'dove' color but that's the best idea AI get.)

Cage Muridae Gerbil Muroidea Degu

I have experience with other rats, but she will be my first pet rat. So this will be super fun. <3 I'm also experimenting with clicker training with certain animals(I'm a dog trainer) so she will be taught lots of tricks. lol

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum :)

How nice of you to take her home.

Do you have a better pic, more up close and in natural light is best. What color are her eyes?
She may be dove. Doesn't look very beige or fawn to me.

I am not the best at judging colors from pics. So someone else may be able to help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I'm pretty sure her eyes are black but they may be a very dark red.

Here is another picture, not a very good one since it was from a time when I had her out of her cage but it may help:

Rat Mouse Muridae Muroidea Gerbil

·
Registered
57 Posts
She is really cute. You did an amazing job having hopes on her and not giving up on her!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!
I'm going to work today so I'll be able to take some better photos of her <3 She's coming home to me next week!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So impulse got to me while I was at work and the little Daisy came home with me today. Pictures are gonna come soon when she gets a little more used to her new home. :]

·
Registered
12 Posts
I want to see more pictures!!! She is precious!

Make sure you get her checked by a vet that knows about rats. A lot of rats coming from pet stores have mites, fleas, etc (mine came home with LICE!!!). I always heard people say that pet store rats are sick, but I got one anyway! I spent $400 on my boy so far and he is still sick!

Also her color looks a bit like lynx to me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts