Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm Alex, i'm 17, and i've recently gotten a trio of adorable rats! Originally, I got a little black lab rat named Corvo from my biology professor after our class "pet", a Texas rat snake, refused to eat him after a day. My prof and I talked it over, and Corvo came home with me - the little guy, though pretty skittish and lethargic at first, has become a total ham. He adores climbing, and he can jump a good foot and a half now - especially when I open up their cage for treats.

Mammal Rat Vertebrate Mouse Gerbil
Here he is being a sleepy little dork right after I took him home.

I didn't particularly relish the idea of having a lonely rat, both because it seemed a little inhumane and because I have school to attend a good portion of the day, so I got two more little guys to keep him company, Schemer and Sniffles. They've all proven themselves to be very smart and very sweet, and they all absolutely adore getting picked up now - these two little guys in particular are voracious cuddlers. Schemer is a food hoarder, as well, and Sniffles is the cuddliest of the lot, perfectly willing to curl up in your hand and nap the second you poke it into their cage.

Rat Mouse Hamster Gerbil Whiskers Rat Mouse Muridae Whiskers Gerbil

Schemer's on the left, Sniffles on the right - they all take their best photos at naptime.

Anyways, I look forward to learning about these little guys and meeting all of you in the process - they're already easily my favorite pets i've ever owned, and I'm glad to have them around. :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lovely rats, I hope they bring you lots of happiness :)
I love the name Corvo, is that a reference to the game Dishonoured or is it just a coincidence? Hehe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep! The dark little guy seemed a perfect fit for the name, and his little brush with danger sealed the deal. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Brilliant choice :)
It's great to see somebody who went out of their way to find company for their lone rat too, I've seen many people who are happy keeping one on its own, well done you :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there! Welcome to the forum!
Well done for getting more than 1 rat. Rats hate being alone! So, the more, the better! Best of your luck with your ratties! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts