Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I adopted 2 rats for my fiance and I from a rat rescue. The lady that let me choose which ones out was very nice and one of the rats we chose was a rat That she raised from birth named blue. She handled it alot and said it's very nice and mellow. The other rat we got was snake food. The snake wouldn't eat it so the rescue got him. This rat stitch (his name) is extreamly mellow and loves to just sit with you and cuddle up. Now they were not in the same cage at the rescue but there cages were right beside eachother. Now when we got them home we were handling them a bit feeding them treats and they were taking them nicely from out hands and having a jolly old time. Now when we put them back in the cage blue became dominant and started beating on stitch pretty hard. I new this was normal. Now this is when things get weird when I went to move there cage blue bit me threw the cage and drew blood. I figured he mistake my finger for food. Now this morning they were both in there hammock sleeping so I figured they figured things out. I went to give them each a cheerio for being good while they were in the hammock and blue snatched the cheerieo with his mouth so fast and hard out of my hand he made me bleed again! Stitch just casually grabbed it with his hands. Now I didn't know if maybe blue was just trying to get it before stitch did or what. My question is it seems blue is being aggressive. I'm almost afraid to let my fiance pet him. He sniffs my fingers when I put my hand in the cage and don't want him biting any of us. Why is he being like this? Is it because he's new or is he just being aggressive. I almost want to take him back. And get another. Now I typed all this on my phone so sorry for any run on sentences or misspellings 20150728_201027.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm also going to make a cage for them out of a book shelf that one is just temporary. If you can see in the picture stitch is brown and blue is the grayish blue. Blue is 8.5 months old stitch is 7

1 - 2 of 2 Posts