Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got two rats, Waffle and Pancake, about four days ago. I am getting a new cage for them today, as their current one is too small for them. However, they’re still getting used to my hands, and I’m not sure how I should go about moving them into their new cage. Should I wait until they’re okay with being picked up before moving them into the new cage? Or should I just figure out a way for them to climb into the new cage on their own (i.e. makeshift tunnel connecting one cage to the other)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I'd suggest not being afraid of scooping them up and moving them to their new cage manually. I start bringing new rats out of their cage for daily playtime within the first few days of bringing them home.

Some rats are more skittish about handling than others but with consistency and repetition, they soon learn that getting picked up isn't so scary after all.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I just got two rats, Waffle and Pancake, about four days ago. I am getting a new cage for them today, as their current one is too small for them. However, they’re still getting used to my hands, and I’m not sure how I should go about moving them into their new cage. Should I wait until they’re okay with being picked up before moving them into the new cage? Or should I just figure out a way for them to climb into the new cage on their own (i.e. makeshift tunnel connecting one cage to the other)
What? You have a Waffle and Pancake too?? LOL, I have a pair of rex boys with the same names. Go ahead and move them, handle them, get them used to people. Just do it fast, scoop them up, transport and give a kiss along the way.

Reactions: CorbinDallasMyMan
1 - 3 of 3 Posts