Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got my first 2 rats about a week and a half ago

When i pick up one of my rats and play with her for at least an hour she might poop or pee once but on the other hand my other rat is completely diffferent she poops a lot and she used to pee a lot I'm wondering if this is because she still isnt used to me and will it stop completely for both rats? :?:

Any Comments are appreciated :oops:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Fear poop is very common in new rats, especially the young ones. It should stop eventually, but be aware that young rats can't hold it very long... I think it's half an hour max or so, while adult rats it's about an hour, I think?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
One of my rats would poop all over me when I had her out. Those were fear poops, but none of my other rats have ever done that - just a few here and there. I keep at least one litter box available whenever I have them out. They're not very good about using a litter box in their cage, but they're really good with using it during play time! The fear pooper will stop doing that after she's more comfortable. But if you keep them out for extended periods of time, give them a "bathroom break" sometimes ^_^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts