Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recieved two female rats, they are one month old and so adorable! I just took them yesterday and when I took them the mom wasn't letting them breastfeed. I was wondering if they needed to be drop fed? And what just normal milk? o_O
Thanks in advance from my babies, Peep and Splinter <3

·
Registered
798 Posts
LOL again i will say it, someone has to start a poll to see how many people here have rats named splinter!

Anyway, if your babies are 4 weeks old chances are they can properly eat and drink themselves, just make sure that they always have water handy so as they don't become dehydrated which is common in babies who leave their moms too soon, i don't think they're too young to leave the mom well not by much anyway, its best to seperate them at 5 weeks, maybe someone with a bit more experience will be able to help you more than i can

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol kay thanks, I didn't name Splinter. =D Just Princess Peep. :) It's such a cute name though! And she's all blac with a little white stripe down her belly. :)
Thanks again :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
ah a black berk. is that princess peep you're talking about or splinter? I also have a black berk named Piggle.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My black berky is Jellybean :D

And your girls will be fine now on regular solid food. I got my little girl at a few days over 4 weeks, and she was just fine - and oh so tiny and cute! I love the baby ratties :D

Edit: Somehow I totally read right over the part about dehydration :roll: I think I've read that it's good to feed them some baby food at that age, because of the extra moisture, plus it's full of good stuff for them. I remember that I did get a few jars for my little girl, and they both really liked the pea flavor, while I personally preferred the pear :lol:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
omg that's so cute! The black one is Splinter. Peep is hooded? Like she's white with a grey stripe and a greyish head. =D I will post pics later. :)
kay thanks everyone =D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts